- About QEC
- Vission & Mission
- Objectives of QEC
- Functions of QEC
- Quality Criteria
- Methodology by QEC
- QEC Team
- Organizational Structure
- QEC Updates
- QEC Events
QEC attempts to survey all aspects of university functioning, bringing them at par with international standards. QEC ensures that PAF-KIET fulfills its mission and objectives.
1. Higher Education Commission, Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) has
placed the PAF-KIET QEC in ‘Y’ Category, on the basis of evaluation of
Yearly Progress Report (YPR) for the year 2015-16.
2. President PAF-KIET has appreciated the efforts of the QEC PAF-KIET
team for their devoted hard work. He emphasized that consistent efforts
are needed to make progress and endeavors should be made to acquire
category ‘X’ in next evaluation by HEC. He also stressed that QEC PAF-KIET
should ensure that accordingly it is reflected in the quality of education
imparted to the students.
QEC is committed to ensure that all the programs, people and processes of KIET strive for excellence.
• To improve and maintain academic standards
• To monitor and then enhance students’ learning
• To verify that the existing programs meet their objectives and institutional goals
• To provide feedback for quality assurance of academic programs and support services
• To ensure that each program and semester execution is better than the previous one
• To ensure computerized monitoring and compliance of quality criteria
1.The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Dean reporting directly to Vice Chancellor/Rector. He is to be the correspondent with the outside bodies.
2.QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
3.QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
4.QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
5.QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
6.QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., Phd.
7.QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
8.QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
9.QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
10.QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student’s perception
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil. And Ph. D. degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
Following eight criteria are complied with on a continuous basis by developing annual Self Assessment Reports (SARs).
1. Program Mission, Objectives and Outcomes
2. Curriculum Design and Organization
3. Laboratories and Computing Facilities
4. Student Support and Guidance
5. Process Control
6. Faculty Development
7. Institutional Facilities
8. Institutional Support
1. Student Course Evaluation Questionnaire
2. Faculty Course Review
3. Survey of Graduating Students
4. Research Students Progress Review Form
5. Faculty Survey
6. Survey of Department Offering PhD Programs
7. Survey of Alumni
8. Survey of Employers
9. Faculty Resume
10. Teachers Evaluation Form
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) at KIET is headed by the Dean, Dr. Prof. Muhammad Mohiuddin, who is known for his achievements in various fields
|Mr. Farman Raza||Directoremail@example.com|
|Mr. Arif Hussain Soomro||Deputy Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Najam Muneer||Data Analystemail@example.com|
|Mr. Zaid Khan||Office Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MS. Khadija Majid||Office Assistantemail@example.com|
” The Self Assessment Report (SAR) of Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) program submitted to Higher Education Commission (HEC) on 15th October, 2015. This is the second SAR submitted to HEC by PAF-KIET. The first SAR of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program was submitted on 19th June, 2014. “
- Self Assessment Approach has been implemented in all academic programs.
- Following survey/ evaluation completed through departments.
- Student Course Evaluation and Teachers Evaluation
- Faculty Course Review
- Survey of Graduating Students
- Research Students Progress Review
- Faculty Survey
- Survey of Department Offering PhD Programs
- Survey of Alumni
- Survey of Employers
- Online Query management system has been developed and is working effectively.
- MOODLE Learning Management system is available to all programs of institution.
QEC has developed and implemented Campus Management Solution to automate academic functions of a university. The system is logically divided into following modules, each of which maps to a university / department function:
- Student Program Admission System
- Online Admissions
- User Id, Password through SMS for database login, when admitted.
- Student Self-Registration System
- Registration in a semester
- Registration in courses
- Waiting List feature available
- Academic Session Management System
- Academic calendar, Class Schedule and Session Attendance
- Program Syllabus System
- Course Offer Control
- Student Financials
- Fee Structures, Discount Structures, Fee Collection
- Examination Seating System
- Available Rooms, Available Seats per room, Available Time Slots
- Student Assessment System
- Test Marks Entry, Grading, Semester GPA, CGPA
- Student Graduation System
- Transcripts, Degree, Online Graduate Directory
- Instructor Evaluation System
- Punctuality, question paper quality, submission, peer reviews, dean’s remarks
- Library Information System
- Books / Projects issue to students, instructors, staff
- Books / Projects search utility
- Messaging System
- Push-n-Pull SMS and Emails for Students, Instructors, Staff
- Academic Policies
- Enrollment Policy
- Course Load Policy
- Assessment & Grading Policy
- Attendance Policy
- CGPA Status / Remarks Policy
- Teacher Evaluation Policy
- Transport Management System
- Student Self Service System
- Update self contacts
- View Study Program Syllabus, Fee Bill of current semester, Library Books issued
- View Test Results, GPA / CGPA, Grade Sheet
- View Class Sessions Schedule, View Class Sessions Attendance
- Self Course Registration
- System Admin
- User Privileges, Log Tables, Audit Reports, Data Backups, User feedbacks
A seminar on “Introduction to ‘Intellectual Property Rights, Patents, Copyrights and Trademark’
- A seminar on ‘Intellectual Property Rights, Patents and Trademark’ was organized by Director QEC on 9th February, 2018 from the platform of Professional Development Courses to create general awareness amongst the faculty members and others researchers of PAF-KIET that how to register their intellectual/ innovative work(s).
- Deputy Director Mr. Nasruulah from Intellectual Property Office (IPO), Pakistan delivered a talk, covering in detail the Intellectual Property Rights, Copyrights, Patents and Trade Marks, highlighting their importance and what all actions are to be taken by an individual to protect his/her innovative work. He also explained that what all is not covered as patent and the measures IPO, Pakistan is taking to secure the individual’s rights. Ms Zobia Hassan from IPO, Pakistan explained in detail the procedure of filing the patents.
- It was a very knowledgeable talk and all attendees highly appreciated the efforts and commented that it covers in detail a very useful aspect of ORIC.
- After the end of lecture session President PAF-KIET presented the PAF-KIET Memento and Souvenirs to respectable officials of IPO, Pakistan.
Seminar on How Six Sigma adds value to Higher Education
1. Quality Enhancement Cell of IoBM Karachi organized a seminar titled
‘How Six Sigma adds value to Higher Education’ on 21st November, 2017.
Director QEC PAF-KIET Squadron Leader Syed Farman Raza (R) attended the
seminar and shared discussion on the subject.
2. Mr. Farrukh Idrees was the speaker from FAST NU, Islamabad and his
talk on the Six Sigma in Higher Education was very informative.
Seminar on Institutional Performance Evaluation (IPE)
1. An awareness seminar was held on “Institutional Performance Evaluation
(IPE)”, conducted by Director QEC PAF-KIET on 26th April, 2017. President PAF-
KIET, Dean Academics PAF-KIET, Registrar, Director College of H&S, Management
Science and Engineering, Controller of Examination, faculty and academic staff
attended the seminar.
2. Organizational set-up of HEC QAA, controlling the mechanism of
Internal Quality Assurance & External Quality Assurance was briefed in detail.
Eleven Standards of Institutional Performance Evaluation (IPE) were discussed
and how the process functions were also briefed to the house. Standard-7
(Institutional Resources) was taken as sample to discuss the modalities that
how Institute prepares the University Portfolio Report and how the evaluation
process with HEC Review Panel is carried out.
3. HEC Panel Visit Report provides the institution with ‘performance
indicators’ to evaluate the Institute critically which will help to take the
necessary steps towards continuous quality improvement was briefed in details
to the house.
4. Awareness Seminar concluded with a Q&A session that helped to clarify
the ambiguities of individuals about the process of Institutional Performance
QEC Conference at HEC: 10-11th February, 2016
- 3rd Progress Review Meeting & Workshop of Quality Enhancement Cells, fall under group VI & VII was held on 10th – 11th February 2016. The meeting was chaired by Dr. Mohammed Rafiq Baloch, Director General QAA HEC.
- Director QEC PAF-KIET made a 15 minutes presentation, highlighting the main features of Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and updating the house on action undertaken by PAF-KIET to complete the process of SARs of its Academic programs. Director QECs of other universities also made presentation and the general discussion was very useful to eradicate anomalies and create working harmony among the universities in completion of SARs.
LIST OF SARs: YEAR 2015-16
SAR BE (Electronics)
I. Annexure-I,II of AT Check List
II. Check list for AT- BE(Electronics)
III. Formation of AT for BE (Electronics)Program
IV. Self Assessment Report-BE(Electronics)-HEC
SAR MS (EE)
I. SAR – MS(EE)
II. Check list for AT- MSEE 2016
SAR BE (Avionics)
I. Annexure-A -Students Opinion Polls
a. Students Opinion Polls-BE (Avionics) FA-2015
b. Students Opinion Polls-College of Engineering FA15
II. SAR- BE(Avionics)-2016
III. Check list for AT- BE(Avionics) 2016
IV. Annexure-B-Faculty Resume BE(Avionics) 2016
V. Annexure-C-Faculty Survey-Associate Professor
VI. Annexure-D-Funded Projects
VII. Annexure-E-Students Funded Projects
SAR BS (CS)
I. SAR – BSCS Program_2015-16
II. Formation of AT for BSCS Program
III. Check list for AT- BSCS 2016
IV. Annexure-A-External review Form
V. Annexure-B-Term Review FALL-2015
VI. Annexure-C-Graduating Student survey 2015
VII. Annexure-D-Student Opinion Poll
VIII. Annexure-E-FYP Evaluator Form
IX. Annexure-H-Faculty Survey
X. Annexure-I and II of AT Check List
I. Self Assessment Report – MBA 2016
II. Formation of AT for MBA-2016
III. Check list for AT- MBA 2016
HEC Meeting 04-05 May, 2017
- HEC organized meeting of all QEC heads on 4-5 May, 2017 at Islamabad. All Director QECs of Universities falling in Group VII & VIII attended the meeting. The focus of the meeting was to enhance the scope of QECs and to bridge the gap between Internal & External Quality Assurance System.
- The presentation was made by Director QECs of each University on prescribed format, provided by HEC.
- The closing session was addressed by Director General QAA’
- Meeting was very informative and future course of action was
decided for the Universities to enhance quality of their Academic Programs and implementation in true letter and spirit.
Awareness on ISO 9000-2015 and processes Improvement for Quality Assurance
Quality Enhancement Cell of IBA Karachi organized a seminar titled ‘Awareness on ISO 9000-2015 and processes Improvement for Quality Assurance’ on 21st February, 2017 at its Main Campus. Director QEC PAF-KIET Squadron Leader Syed Farman Raza (R) attended the seminar.
- HEC, in pursuant to NAB Anti Corruption awareness drive had
directed all HEIs/ DAIs to hold talks/ seminars and display posters on 9th
December, 2016, the Anti-Corruption Day that UNO commemorates worldwide
- Director QEC, being the Focal person to HEC organized a talk by
renowned figure and lawyer Barrister Shida Jamil. She was received by
Director QEC and then was introduced to Chancellor, President PAF-KIET and
other key staff of PAF-KIET. She delivered an insightful talk on the topic
“How Corruption Leads to Violation of Basic Human Rights, the Rule of Law &
Ultimately Demoralization of the Society”. Faculty members, management
staff and students attended the talk.
- Poster on the subject of Anti Corruption was also displayed in all
HEC Meeting 21-22 September, 2016
- HEC organized meeting on following areas of QEC on 21-22 September, 2016
at Islamabad. All Director QECs of Universities falling in Group VII & VIII
attended the meeting.
- 1. Program Accreditation
2. Program Self Assessment
3. MS/ MPhil Program Review
4. PhD Program Review
5. Institutional Performance Evaluation
6. Certification from ISO
- The presentation was made by Director QECs of each University on prescribed
format, provided by HEC.
- The closing session was addressed by Executive Director HEC, Director
General QAA and Director General Attestation & Accreditation were also
- Meeting was very informative and future course of action was decided for
the Universities to enhance quality of their Academic Programs and
implementation in true letter and spirit.