- English – 0 Fundamentals of Verbal Discourse
- English – I Proficiency Development
- English – II Public Speaking
- English – III Official Communication & Report Writing
- PIS Pakistan & Islamic Studies
English – 0 :- Fundamentals of Verbal Discourse:
By the end of English 0 –
English – 1:- Proficiency Development:
By the end of English 1 – English for Socialization – students would be able to use English to:
PAF-KIET offers courses at undergraduate level with English as the language of instruction.
- Explain and compare people and daily-life objects in clear and fluent language.
- Express emotions, future goals, challenges, put up and build on an argument by giving logical reasoning.
- Understand the role of strategic and communicative competence in L2 and use it effectively in their speaking.
- Use L2 in different social situations such as group discussion, pair discussion, and monologues.
- Express their opinions regarding abstract topics such as wishes, hypothetical past, present and future.
- Perform a number of real-life tasks such as finding out differences, informing each other for information gap, etc.
- Write academic style argumentative essay and reflect on its structure appropriately which shows their knowledge of argumentative writing.
- Show awareness in regard to mastering all four skills of L2.
English – 2:- Public Speaking:
By the end of English 2 – English for Professional Communication 2 – students would be able to use English to:
- Show higher-order knowledge in terms of the use of L2 in presentations.
- Prepare well-structured MS Power Point slides keeping in view all technical aspects such as standard font, font size, organization of content, effective visual aids, and time management.
- Show deeper knowledge in analyzing target audience and tailor-making their slides according to a target audience in relation to content editing and other aspects.
- Use and vary body language and tone with regard to topic being presented.
- Analyze public presentations (speeches and slides) focusing on the above technical aspects of presentations.
English – 3:-Official Communication & Report Writing:
By the end of English 3 – English for Professional Communication 2 – students would be able to use English to:
- Incorporate knowledge of 7 C’s of business communication in their writings.
- Organize ideas (with mind maps and bullet-outlines) before writing a professional piece.
- Write CVs, Cover Letters, Memos, Complaint Letters, and Sales Letters for different readers.
- Understand and demonstrate the knowledge of necessary content, linguistic and social needs required for a successful job interview and negotiation.
- Understand and demonstrate the knowledge of necessary content, linguistic and social needs required for successfully participating in business meetings (agreement, disagreement, explanation, interruption, opinions, etc.).
- Show awareness and make an effective use of L2 requirement at work place (in client dealing, group discussion, etc.)
PIS:- Pakistan & Islamic Studies:
By the end of PIS –